Furniture Recommendations for Berlin Expats
Expat Mgmt – Relocation Service Berlin – Your Life Hack for Berlin Bureaucracy – Berlin Expat Blog
Shops for Buying Furniture & Household Goods
Berlin is a transient city, so many people are coming and going. There are plenty of options to buy used furniture, but sometimes it’s nice to buy new as well. Please find all of our reccomendations below.
Used Furniture and Appliances
- Ebay Classifieds – https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/
- Facebook Market Place
- Facebook Groups – Free Your Stuff Berlin, Sell Your Stuff Berlin, etc.
New Furniture & Appliances
- Ikea – Requires no explanation. Everyone seems to know Ikea.
- Saturn/Media Markt – For bigger appliances, and electronics.
- Amazon – But it almost might make sense to order them via Amazon. Be sure to check the delivery information (like do they carry it upstairs). Check out an amazon prime account. You can have many things delivered to you the same or next days without shipping costs. As well as groceries.
- Möbel Hoffner – Is expensive, but has good quality. We were able to buy our couch here and we liked the service/quality.
- Mömax – Has one or two shops in Berlin too. It’s cheaper and therefore less quality, but some items are okay. –https://www.moemax.de
- Poco – This is like the cheap version of Ikea. The furniture and bedding isn’t so beautiful, but sometimes you can find something that is nice that is a good deal.
- Home24 – Online furniture shop, again a bit expensive, but you can find some good deals on sale products for carpets and furniture for
- Wayfair – Same as above. www.wayfair.de/
- Tedi – Affordable lots of household goods items
- Woolworth – Similar to Tedi lot’s of options.
- Butlers – If you’re looking for something more chic.
- Depot – Depot similar to Butler’s is a bit more expensive.
If you haven’t secured your long term flat yet you can find more information in our blog post about Finding a Flat in Berlin. Working with Expat Mgmt can make the difference, book our services for Flat Search please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Viel Spaß, Viel Glück & Viel Erfolg.
Du packst das schon!!!
Your Expat Mgmt Team