For Human Resources & New Hire Expats – Relocation to Berlin

Hiring an Expat Berlin

Expat Mgmt – Relocation Service Berlin – Your Life Hack for Berlin Bureaucracy – Berlin Expat Blog

For Human Resources & New Hire Expats

What documents & processes are required to get an Expat Employee started to work in Berlin?

A temporary Flat – or Serviced Apartment

Whether or not your company has budget for this, it is pretty crucial for getting started with an Expat Newcomer. The main issue is that the Expat needs somewhere to land in Berlin. After that they need somewhere to register. Anmeldung is important because you it is required for: Tax ID, Being Paid in the Correct Tax Class, and finally for the Residence Permit. You can read more in our blog post about Temporary Accommodation.

Tax ID – Will be sent via post. Or can be collected by someone from Expat Mgmt with a power of attorney.

Anmeldung – Read More here Anmeldung Berlin

If Applicable: Entry Visa / Work Permit/ Residence Permit

Health Insurance

Depending on Several Factors most employed expats can choose between public and private. Two of the most commonly used Public health insurance providers for Expats are:

Techniker Krankenkasse & Barmer. We have contacts to insurance brokers for private insurance and public providers as well.

Social Securty Number – Usually we can request this easily after opening open the public health insurance.

Bank Account with German IBAN – Please see our blog post – Opening a Bank Account in Berlin

Life Hack

You can book a Settling-In Package with Expat Mgmt to settle all of the above, as soon as possible upon arrival. Less stress for you and your employee or employer. Send your request to book a service to

Viel Spaß, Viel Glück & Viel Erfolg.

Du packst das schon!!!

Your Expat Mgmt Team

Kommentar verfassen

Deine E-Mail-Adresse wird nicht veröffentlicht. Erforderliche Felder sind mit * markiert.